speedometer off

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 21:17:52 EDT

I just changed out the transmission in my old '87. I thought it seemed to
be going faster than the speedometer indicated but yesterday on I-75 I was
passing everything in sight and it only read 65! I checked it against the
mile markers and it only registered a bit over 8/10ths per mile! I still
have the old trans, and note there are some type of calibration marks around
where the speedometer connects. To get this back correct, can I just rotate
this part, or do I need to disassemble and change out some gears? TIA, Cal
Hyer