Re: granny driving my dak

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 17:20:09 EDT

I noticed the same thing yesturday. I was forced to drive 100 miles @ 55 mph
on Sunday. Monday, on the way to work, it felt much more responsive than
normal,
butt-dyno said what is going on here? It still feels that way, and my mpg
is (are) up considerably. could be that the hot humid air is gone here in
jersey.
P.S. I had to drive that slow because my little brother's cheby (350 auto)
let something go in the valvetrain, trying to keep up with me. His friends
said
wow that truck is fast! I said what do you mean I wasn't racing you,
I was just cruising in 5th gear ;-)

Marc Federici
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg

Dr Pat wrote
<Since my last fill-up I've been driving my dak gently in an attempt to see
how much mpg I'd get if I wasn't such a lead foot. No full-throttle starts
and trying real hard to stay below 65mph. I'm 45 miles into the experiment
and I've discovered something quite unusual.
The engine suddenly seems alot more responsive and even the tranny is much
improved,>