granny driving my dak

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 13:47:43 EDT

Since my last fill-up I've been driving my dak gently in an attempt to see
how much mpg I'd get if I wasn't such a lead foot. No full-throttle starts
and trying real hard to stay below 65mph. I'm 45 miles into the experiment
and I've discovered something quite unusual.
The engine suddenly seems alot more responsive and even the tranny is much
improved,
I'm getting quicker downshifts and delayed and firmer upshifts. I've
installed Gibson split duals, wires and plugs, 14X3 K&N, F&B Stage 1 TB(one
month ago) and TV Cable adjust(about 2 weeks ago). This improvement is more
noticeable(I'm spinning my 275/60R15's without even trying) than any one of
those mods.
Could it be that the computer is only now getting used to the TB and TV?
Any similar experience?
Dr. Pat