Re: Re: granny driving my dak

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 14:31:38 EDT

So maybe it wasn't my imagination. IMHO, I think that the computer adapts
for "economy" after granny driving by leaning out/advancing timing. This may
be giving up some hidden ponies. If one is standing on the gas all the time
the computer adjusts to protect the engine by dumping more fuel/retarding
timing. It's always been my belief that these trucks are running too rich
anyway(and therefore get such poor mileage). This warrants further
investigation.
Dr. Pat