RE: Skid Plate; Various Questions.......

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 18:41:24 EDT

Kyle,
Powder coating is going to be expensive. Expect to pay about $100-$125 for
this unless you know someone, or you have a powder coating gun and an
outdoor oven. If your looking for your least expensive method, go with the
paint. You can always drop the plate and repaint it if it starts looking
nasty. If you want something more durable for not to much higher cost. If
you have, or can borrow an airbrush, get a bottle of CermaKrome. Spray the
plate and bake it in your kitchen oven. This is a water based ceramic
coating. You won't have the noxious fumes associated with powder coating.
Rich - Ashburn, VA