speedo gear--> Dester

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 23:38:12 EDT

yep, it'll be secured with 1 (1/2"?) bolt, unplug the harness, remove the
bolt. Pay attention to the bracket and how it's mounted, gotta go in the
same way. pull the gear out, swap out the large O-ring (may as well get a
new one so it won't leak, put a lil bit of oil on it too) reinstall the
gear, it'll just push straight in. If you drive where I drive, you'll have
to clean the sand/dirt off everything :) Reattach the bracket, making sure
that the little "fingers" on the bracket are in the grooves. Screw in the
bolt, plug in the harness, go get a speeding ticket and compare your speedo
to the radar (:

P.S. feel free to avoid the last sentence :)
Jon Smith-------Raleigh,NC-------ICQ: 9720504
'95 318 auto CC 4x4 3.90 31" A/T's
JBA headers, dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM
F&B Stage I TB, !EGR, MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake
MP SBEC, 180 degree thermo, ASP crank pulley,
16" Hayden elec. fan 0-60mph in 6.3