Re: 4X4 Specs

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 14:33:55 EDT

> What's the "locked" mode? I'm not even gonna say what
> I'm thinking cause it'll make me look dumb!

It's the same as "part time" xfercase... the driveshafts are "locked" to
turn at the same rate- only for use in low-traction situtations... as
opposed to "full time" xfer case which has a differential between the front
and rear driveshafts, allowing it's use on high-traction surfaces, such as
clean, dry pavement.

the 231HD is the same case I've got in my '98 Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO