*Rattle Ring Rattle* (help, please!)

From: dak@mama.indstate.edu
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 23:37:11 EDT

Hey all,

  Here in the past couple of weeks or so, I've noticed that
the Dak has developed a "ringing rattle" which sounds like
it is coming from under the cab. It only seems real
noticeable after the truck has warmed up a bit (after about
a couple of minutes or so) when driving around in first
and second gear at around 1000-1500 rpm. My guesses:

- cat converter has developed a rattle somehow
- transmission/drivetrain (urk! hope not...)

I have the '97 v6 5speed flavor of Dak - anybody know
what I should be looking for? Anyone else have this
happen to them? If I could get some tips I can have
the dealer take a look at it when I take it in to
have the steering column replaced - hell, I already
have them looking at two TSBs on top of that, might as
well get it all over with now...

Thanks in advance for the help,

--
dak