RE: *Rattle Ring Rattle* (help, please!)

From: SmokinDakota (webmaster@smokindakota.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 01:34:29 EDT

Had the exact same problem. 97 V6 5 speed. It turned out to be the Catalytic
converter and was replaced under warranty by the dealer. Hurry up and get it
checked out. They had to order the part and it took a couple of weeks. Which
turned into a month. During that month, the performance of the truck
degraded. It felt like a slug and once I got the new cat on there, I could
feel a difference. What other TSB's are they looking at? How many miles on
your truck?

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL IM = SmknDakTrk