Re: Dakotas at the NHRA Keystone Nats

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 21:09:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/99 7:59:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Sbak1320@aol.com
writes:

<< Every year I try to attend at least one day of the NHRA Winston Keystone
 Nationals located here in nearby Reading, PA.

  I counted what I thought was an amazing seven different Daks in the Stock
 class.
 It seems like they are really competitive in their respective classes
because
 they were qualifying pretty well up the ladder.

 Most of them were V-8s, but there were a couple V-6s and even one 4 cylinder
 Dak.
 The quicker ones were running low 12s. The lone 4cyl. ran a mid./high 15.

 Unfortunately, this event did not include the real neat Pro Stock Truck
 class. It was nice seeing Darrel Alderman in the Mopar Pro Stock Avenger run
 a 6.96 and then a 6.93 in qualifying.

 Shane Baker
 York, PA

Shane!
So did ya get to see what they did to get into the 12's? Wow a 4 banger
running 15's....Wish I had been there, I dont think I would still believe it.
Boog