Re: Check Engine Lite - Fault Codes '95 5.2L

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 19 1999 - 08:24:05 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/99 7:57:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rap777@juno.com
writes:

<< Hey, Boog. I haven't noticed any difference at all in performance except
 for the first hundred yards so. So what does this 37 mean and what's
 happening (or not) and more importantly, what do I need to do to fix it?
 My '95 is not under warranty and I prefer avoiding the dealers anyway.

Before I bought my 92, I pulled the codes. It had code 37 and a 4x
something, part throttle unlock solenoid and the overdrive solenoid. It
drove fine and went into O/D fine, but it went to dealer and they put in a
new trans. Problem: torque converter failure. I'll dig around in my
powertrain manual and get you some specifics in a minute.
Boog