Check Engine Lite - Fault Codes '95 5.2L

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 13:39:56 EDT

Hi Guys: Just wanted a little help deciphering the fault codes I got when
checking into my "Check Engine" light which came on yesterday.
The haynes manual says the code transmission should start with with (88)
(start of test code)..mine did not give an (88). Instead it appears to have
gone right into the fault codes and finished up with the (55) (end of code
output code). Do I have a special problem because I get no (99)?
The fault codes that flash are as follows:
12 - Memory standby power lost
37 - Part throttle unlock solenoid driver circuit (Auto trans only)
51 - Oxygen sensor stuck at the lean position
My truck has a little over 106K miles and I replaced the O2 sensor in July
(Borg-Warner unit). There does not appear to be anything wrong with the
driveability or performance of the truck.

Can anyone verify these fault codes and give me some tips as to how to
follow up (other than take it to a dealer)?
Thanks loads!
Bob King
Pennsville,
'95 SLT, CC, 5.2L, Auto, Thorley headers, MP Cat Back 3" exhaust, MP SBEC,
Magnecore plug wires, Underdrive pulleys.