Re: Problems

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 08:00:05 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/99 1:47:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
eyesuss@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have a couple of problems with my 93' dakota 4x4 with a 5.2L.
 First off its idle is off it idles really low but runs fine in normal
 driving conditions. It also will idle up and down between 400 and 1100 rpm
 when idling. It only is low when at a stop or idling, in gear or not. Next
 I just joined the digest but I caught someone asking about a tranny problem
 so I am sorry if this is a rerun question. Along with the idle problem My
 tranny will not shift down into overdrive when hot or when Air conditioning
 is on. which brings me to the next problem. Air conditioning sounds
 terrible. It has a loud whinnig noise. And when it is on there is an
 extremely loud fan sound that was not there when I bought the truck 2 years
 ago. The fan noise sounds almost like an engine on the verge of blowing but
 the noise is not coming from the engine it self. Well I hope some one out
 there has any ideas on what or where my problems are from or weather they
 are related. Thanks in advance.
 George Ritchie

Your idle problem most likley is the throttle position sensor. My 92 did the
same thing this summer. Any parts store carries it. About $40.

Tranny problem: the computer on these trucks monitors the tranny fluid temp.
 If it gets too hot, it will not allow O/D to engage. Have you ever had the
tranny fluid and filter changed? Is the computer showing any fault codes?

A/C: you probably need a shot of compressor oil in your a/c system. Have
your mechanic look at it.
hope this helps
Boog