Re: Check Engine Lite - Fault Codes '95 5.2L

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 07:50:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/99 4:09:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
k85go76@erols.com writes:

<<
 Boog: Not sure I understand about the torque converter locking when O/D is
 off. I don't think I could feel torque coverter lock with O/D "on" OR
 "off". I drive with O/D "on" about 98% of the time as I think it probably
 should be. O/D cancel is more for towing to give a little more control via
 engine braking and also for hills when a fairly decent load is present. I
 will hit the O/D off buton and see if I can feel it today. Will report back
 on it tonight.
 Thanks!

O/D is just a .69:1 gear. Try this. Cancel O/D. Accelerate normally. You
feel the 1st to 2nd shift. Then the 2nd to third shift at about 25 mph. You
should feel what seems to be another gear shifting at about 40 mph. That is
your TC locking up. If you have the O/D on and it engages at 30 mph, you may
not feel the TC.
ttyl
Boog