Need help with tire issue...

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 16:22:05 EDT

I just found out from the dealership that my tires are cupped. Not too bad,
but still annoying to hear while driving. I only have 13,000 miles on them,
rotated them at 10,000. I keep the pressure at 35 psi, and I measure after
driving 5 miles to the gas station after it's been sitting overnight.

Now that the cupping has happened, is there any way I can get rid of it,
possibly by changing the air pressure and wearing the ridges down? I would
really hate to have to buy new tires this early. I had this happen once
with a Fjord Ranger also with Goodyear Wrangler GSA Is this common with
trucks? Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, I have the 31x10.5R15 tires.

Thanks!

Chris