Re: Need help with tire issue...

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 17:59:18 EDT

I took another look at my tires. It only appears to have happened to be the
ones from the back before I had the rotation. When I examine the tread, the
inside most row of tread appears "fish scaled". The tread to the front of
the truck is higher than the one in front of it...

Take a bar of printed music, the one with the bridge sloped upward, and put
two of them together... That is what I'm seeing...

Also, on a somewhat related issue, I am getting a nasty pulsing (feeling)
coming through the driver's side left footrest. It gets so bad, that I
cannot keep my foot on it constantly. It happens most between 15-25 and all
the time when the temperature gets below 65 degrees.

I already had the dealer do a complete replacement of the front brakes
(rotors/shoes) due to warping. I hoped that solved the problem but it did
not. Is there anything else I can have them look at?

Thanks!

Chris
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst

P.S. Is it required to have the selling dealership service the vehicle on
some occasions? A dealer that is only 5 min away insists that I take it to
where I bought it (35 mi away). I don't think this should be the case.