Fw: ..please read(recommend me a blower)

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 15:35:57 EDT

I think the Vortechs are better if you want to push it (increase the boost
later)... the powerdynes are good for a everyday street machine (a broken
drive belt INSIDE the supercharger won't stick you somewhere dead, power
will just be way down) because they're quiet, but I wouldn't try to push the
PSI too far (I wouldn't push it too far with a stock motor anyway)
But then again, I haven't heard how quiet the newer Vortechs are...

The Kenne Bell is a completely different animal.. it's a positive
displacement blower (whipple type) which WILL shut down the motor if it's
not turning for some reason... but the boost comes RIGHT NOW!.. I think the
overall boost is more limited, but they make more power off idle, where the
vortechs and powerdynes are centrifugal, and don't start boosting until at
least 2500 rpm...

so when you say best, the correct answer is "best for what?"

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO

> Im thinking of getting a super charger. I know the Vortech
units
> are reliable and produce good boost, but i've heard a lot of good things
> about Powerdyne superchargers, they're QUIET!!!!!!!. What about Kenne
Belle?