RE: New member intro...

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 18:29:25 EDT

Hi Chris...

Welcome to the DML.

Any rotor will warp...eventually. It just depends on what you're doing and
how you do it. I've personally taken my truck through some deep water (14"
deep), mudding, and trail cruising without any "warpage" to the rotors (34K
miles).

As for the pinging, check the plug wires...there's a problem with the
factory wires that requires them to be re-routed. Or...change them out with
a quality set like SplitFire, Taylor, Magnecore, or MSD. When's the last
time you changed the plugs and/or Cap & Rotor? (The factory plugs, pardon
the terminology, really SUCK!

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD