RE: Crate Engines

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 22:07:12 EDT

Well to answer 2 emails with one I'll explain. I have in storage a Red Ram
340. This was punched out to a 355cid, an almost "unstreetable" Purple Grind
cam, Edelbrock "Torkker" intake with a Carter 850 TQ, Crane double row TC
and gears, Accel "Dancing Duals" distrib and a DC HiPo oil pump(with the
windage tray), W2 Heads (ported and polished), DC crank, and
balanced/blueprinted. This WAS in a 1970 Plymouth RoadRunner. First pass at
Englishtown was a 10.32@126mph the second pass would have been in the 9's
except that just before the traps the car lost a leaf shackle and yours
truely was in the car as it went through the traps upside down. Well after
much thought about getting a Y2K Dak and finding out I wasn't able to afford
that route. I've decided to drop that 340 that has been sitting in storage
for years(once a month I turn the engine by hand to keep it from seizing,
plus a few shots of oil in the cylinders for good measure) taking up
space(as well as getting yelled at by the gf because she had to move it to
get something hehehehehe). What I'm going to do is pull the cam and put
something in that will not cause the computer to get stupid. Put on an
intake from a MagV8(along with the other neccessary BS). I'm almost positive
that the intake will not mate with the W2 heads. The dual point distrib will
be replaced(I didn't like it anyway pos). I'm looking to back it with a
NV4500. I just got a 8 3/4 rear with a 4.10LSD. Now just think... That was
in a car that was heavier, and could pull the wings off a "Killer Bee" being
put into a lighter pickup truck. Yes GoodYear is gonna be making ALOT of
money off me.... As for the TB I was going to port my intake and use it for
um...er... testing.. That's the ticket!

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ