Fault Code 37on a '95 5.2L

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 20:30:40 EDT

Bob:

I went to my dealer today to have it checked out. They said they ran all
of the diagnostic tests (and quite a few road tests) and said my truck
was running very well and there was nothing whatsoever wrong. As a matter
of fact the Mopar instruments couldn't even get the code to appear
although they could get it through the on-off-on-off-on routine. They
called MaMopar and were told the code is an anomaly related to '95s with
a tranny cooler and a towing package. Since I have neither, the computer
can't find them and has returned the code. I don't know why it took so
long to show up.

This dealer is a five star (and worthy of it). They always have a few
Vipers around in the shop and in the lot. Today they had a red Prowler on
the showroom floor, too. They also have a lot of customized trucks and
were not at all put off by my mods or blaming them for the code.

Hopefully, your "problem" is the same as mine: none!

ttyl,

Richard in San Antonio

Interesting side note: At this dealership they had a few 4.9(?) L 2000
Dakotas. They were all made in June. All of the 2000 Durangos had 318s
(5.2L) or 360s. No, there weren't 2000 of them.