Re: Fw: RE: Fram filters

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 20:09:54 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/99 5:32:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rjacew@webzone.net writes:

<<
 I have been using Fram for many years on all my cars & trucks, Dak, Honda
 Accord & even my wifes Miata.
 Never had a problem, but I do change filters around every 3K - 4K miles.
 I always use a name brand oil, like Castrol or Pennzoil.
 Seems that this might be like the oil test CReports did, after maybe a 100K
 miles a micro
 reading might show a difference...
 Anyone ever have a problem using a FRAM?
 Richard
 99 CC 5.2 auto

I never have had a problem with fram, and i too change my oil religiously at
3-5K. Since I have owned my 92 Dak, I started using TG16's (Tough Guard).
Then I saw that a cross section of a WIX vs. Tough Guard and the WIX has a
thicker filtering media than the TG. They are about the same price so I went
to WIX.
My 0.02
Boog