RE: RE: Re: Rearend strength vs size question...

From: Scott Miller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 20:42:28 EDT

Well, spring purches (sp?) had to be welded onto the rear to mount. I had
to have the drive shaft cut when I installed my new tranny (904), but it
didn't need cut when I put the new rear in. I used the brakes, brake drums
from the 8 1/4 and everything pretty much bolted up, except I have no ABS
(no big deal to me). I think the rear is close to an inch shorter in length
also.

later

Scott Miller
Shelby Dakota #322