seen RT in action.. I now want a 360...

From: Steve Strigle (strigle@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 18:05:35 EDT

Well this morning it finally happened, I came up to a 3 lane stop light
behind a Dakota RT, a Ford Lightning, and a Toyoya Tundra all revving
their engines. All I can say is that the commercials on TV lie, the
Tundra was at least 3 trucks behind the lightning with the dakota in front
about a fender length ahead of the ford..

I managed to flag down the owner of the RT, not a member of the list but he
did have a kenne belle supercharger, and extensive engine mods, he had a
track timeslip showing a 11sec 1/4mile run. All I can say is wow, seeing
an RT with the blower made me stop at the dealership on my way home..
Unfortunately they couldn't come up with a production date for me right away
but I put my name on a list for when they hear they're going to be making
the next run of RT's.

So, assumning the '00 RT's get built in the near future does anyone want to
buy my '99 v6 SLT? It has all the factory options except the sliding rear,
the leather wheel, and the power driver's seat.. it has a crower cam, the
jet stage 2 chip, 185 degree stat, a set of underdrive pully's, flowmaster
exhaust, msd 6a ignition, the msd coil, magnacore wires, braided hoses,
quickd intake, and the quick-d TB if it ever shows up. This little 6
banger spins it's wheels...

Has anyone ever swapped a v6 for the 360? I assume I probably need to
replace the transmission, the computer, and the wiring harness. Anyone know
if it would also need a larger rear end? is there anything else to it?
Are the engine mounts the same on a 99, any idea on pricing for doing
something like this? Or would it be better to just wait for the '00 RT?

Steve Strigle
99 v6 dak slt + toys
98 formula firebird + vortech