New member!

From: jon_w@tjhale.com
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 11:12:23 EDT

        I just signed up on the DML and thought I'd say 'Hi' to all the other
'dakkers' out there, and this is what I've got: '94 CC (SLT) Electric Blue,
V6 5-spd. It's great to see the Dakota has such a following. Also, congrats
to Jon Steiger for creating a great website.
        Now that I've got your attention, a couple of questions/comments:
1). When are the other Magnum's going to be updated (3.9V6, 5.9V8, etc.),
and what size are they going to be?
2). With the new 4.7L V8 option, can you get it with a 5-spd. manual (2WD),
or only a 'slush box'?
3). Speaking of transmissions, who knows something about gear ratios? What
is better for quicker acceleration and lower RPM's (theoretically better
MPG) at highway speed, a lower or higher number ratio (i.e. 3.21 or a 3.92?)
4). Finally, does anyone else out there (except for those of you who have
ordered, or are interested in one) think the 2000 Dak Quad Cab is a bad
idea? Sure, it has 4 full size doors and room for 6 full size adults (w/
front bench seat option), but a SHORTER bed than the regular Club Cab? Don't
plan on hauling anything longer than 5 feet! (I did hear a rumor that Dodge
was going to offer a bed extender or something- true or false?)

I've got more questions, but I'm trying to pace myself. Thanks!

Jon Winkelhake (jon_w@tjhale.com)