Tired of rough idle/Ignition mod advise.

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 15:12:47 EDT

I am tired of taking my 99 5.2 4x4 CC Dak to the dealer for the rough and surging idle just to hear them tell me everything is ok. I would like to do the ignition mod and with all the different options and suggestion, I need help. I think I need the following;

MSD 6A/or 6T/or 6 off road. Which one should I get???
Chapion Truck plugs (pn# 4071 Right?)
Magnacor 8.5mm or MSD 8.5mm wires??
Brass cap (who makes this? part #?)
Rotor (is there a speacial one for the brass cap?)
Super Coil (I think there is one that fits in the stock location?? part #??)

I would like to do this only once, so please help and suggest which would perform better for the money. I would also like to know where I can get this stuff for a decent price. I am on a VERY tight budget. I know there have been several posts on this stuff, but I am very confussed.

Thanks,
Joe