Re: Re: Spinning the tires.

From: Aaron Braun (zanphier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 02:41:28 EDT

Here is my suggestion, gather the deputies badge number ( should be on the
ticket). Contact the department report that you had a problem with him when
being pulled and over, and just wanted to report this as he seemed
harassing. If they ask if its a complaint just tell them, ( have to be nice)
"I felt harassed, and you can file at as you wish, I just wanted to let one
of his supervisors know in case it is a consistent problem."

Also remember in Deputies ( we have sheriff in my area so they are all
deputies to me ;) ) cruisers, they are cars and do have the modified
engines. Remind them you are driving a truck which has no ass weight
whatsoever and with conditions pending ( weather, road, and tire) spinning
tires is actually quite easy if acceleration is quicker than normal. A
police cruiser will practically eat any street car, besides rice rocket
bikes and intelligent drivers (rarity).

Take it all in stride and don't get a big hissy over it, us youngsters ( I
am 19) have it hardest, because we are stereotyped as speed freaks who
always wanna race, I have been pulled over for accelerating off the light
too fast. Quick story on that then I am done. Deputy pulled me over and
asked me if I knew the speed limit for that road, I quickly responded with
45. He looked at me oddly and stated "You were moving a little quick back
there" (we were side by side at the light) I responded. "Yes sir, I just was
paying attention to the lights and happened to accelerate to 45 quickly,
instead of in stride like everyone else." He grumbled and just told me to be
careful.

But in summary. Get his badge #, report to his supervisor, then ask his
supervisor if the ticket he gave you is an actual traffic violation. He will
clarify that little law for you. If you really want to get out of the
ticket, claim not guilty and bring up the ass issue of the truck and hope
the conditions of the vehicle/road are in your favor

Good Luck and my apologies for the long post.

Aaron Braun
ICQ = 6434279