RE: 4.7 vs 5.2: READ me

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@anjura.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 18:29:06 EDT

Outside of NASTANK and its BUSHLEAGUE sister series, none of the big name
racing series use pushrod motors. Maybe if you count all of the demolision
derby cars at the local fair ground you'll get up to 95% of all "race cars"
using pushrod motors, but the fact is they aren't used for serious high
performance racing. To get the required power they are just too big, too
heavy and too fuel inefficient to get the job done...

Craig

P.S. No disrespect to NASTANK intended. Its still fun as hell to watch these
guys beating and banging on each other, esp. on a road course when some of
them figure out you need to turn right as well as left...