Re: DML:Dynomax(S.Turbo)....& Rhino

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 23:34:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/99 10:08:23 PM Central Daylight Time, kmiller@cvn.net
writes:

<< I say go for the rhino. I think that is what I'm gonna put on my v6 dak.
 downloaded a couple of files, and I liked what I heard. They sound pretty
 much the same as a Flowmaster, and they are the only company I've found so
 far that offers a split rear for a 94 v6 >>

I really was going to go with a Rhino, just I still cannot hear what they
sound like, my media player cannot open the .wav files for some reason. I
though those mufflers would be a good choice, since I want better flow as
well as still having a semi quiet tone to them. They do ahve 4baffles, which
would help out I think. Here is the responsess I got from Rhino when I
emailed them concerning flow and sound:
<Hi Kyle:
<Our #910 muffler has a single 2.5" center inlet, single 2.5" offset outlet,
<16" body length and 20" overall length from the tip of the inlet to the tip
<of the outlet. It sells for $51.80 plus shipping, about $4.00.
<The sound level for the Rhino is somewhere between the two and
<three-chambered Flowmasters. The tone is not the same, however. Customer
<comments are that our muffler has a lower, more mellow tone than the
<Flowmaster. It is kind of a subjective comparison, though.
<If the dimensions are suitable for your application, it's the best we can do
<without going to a single-in, dual-out cat-back system. The dyno tests that
<we've done show that we compare favorably with Flowmaster and Dyno-Max head
<to head in the same application. This will give you much better flow than
<your OE muffler, and the tone should be what you're looking for. Our Rhino
<mufflers are baffled, and are non-directional regarding flow. They are not
<packed.

So now I have ruled out the Super Turbo, definately after taking to many
people concerning many different applications. It is between the Rhino and
the Flowmaster(3 Chamber). Decisions, decisions, decisions.....
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6