Re: Cam Installed... Help!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 07:21:22 EDT

At 07:26 PM 9/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip> I have the Hughes cam, hughes stage I ported heads, intake mods,
>Bruce and Frank stage II TB, JBA headers, 3" exhaust, MP computer etc.
>The truck is very strong from 2500 rpm up with the low end weaker but
respectable.
>I'm having a problem at part throttle around 2000 rpm in third or fourth
gear.
>The engine surges quite badly and backfires (noticeable pop) through the
exhaust.
>My idle speed is normal and I have double checked for vaccum leaks. All
seems ok
>(no check engine light). Any ideas?? I'm wondering if the factory
injectors/pump are
>insufficient. <snip> Andre Mauboussin 95 Dak

Andre

Your description indicates that the problem occurs in closed loop operation.
I'd first have the O2 sensor checked to see if it's up to snuff.

When you say that you have just got everything back together, does it mean
all of the above mods were done or just some? Also, what has been newly
added before this problem arose?

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.268 @ 88.86