Re: Radar Jammers

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 15:45:54 EDT

Just FYI, they tried the radar-activated cameras in Anchorage, AK (my
parents still live there) and they wound up being useless if anyone fought
the ticket... apparently it's in the State law that an officer MUST present
a traffic ticket... it can't be sent through the mail.... so all you had to
do was show up in court, say that it was mailed to you, and you're
dismissed....

I also heard of a real funny case where a guy sued the city (I think it was
Paradise Valley, AZ) when they sent the ticket with a picture of him and
another woman... his wife got the mail that day, and they wound up getting
divorced over it... I don't remember the exact judgment, but it was well
into 6 figures....

Gary Shook