RE: Radar Jammers

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 15:57:03 EDT

At 03:29 PM 9/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>They tried those photo-radar cameras here in Ontario, Canada. They used them
>for a while, made lots of money off of them, and then cancelled the idea.
>Here in Ontario, it was a fine only....no points were taken. <snip>

Actually, most Ontarions threw out the government who had implemented it
... but not for that reason. FWIW, it did drop the average speed of
the commuters on the QEW between Hamilton and Toronto and, along with it,
the stress level. Now, we seem to be back to a Texas shootout (oh, oh ...
can't wait for the comments).

>BTW I am a new member to the Dakota Mailing List, and I have enjoyed reading
>the e-mails that are posted to the list! I am a brand new Dakota owner, so
>new in fact, that I don't even have my truck yet! I've ordered a 2000
>Dakota, CC, 4X4, Intense Blue, 3.9L V6 and I am anxiously awaiting its
>arrival! However it is not due to show up here for another 4-6 weeks!
>However I am sure it will be worth the wait! Chris Currie

Welcome aboard, Chris. Yeh, you'll really enjoy the truck! Where abouts
in S. Ont. are you? Maybe you can make some of the S. Ont. DML events
come next year.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.268 @ 88.86