Re: DML:Mopar in Nascar

From: Skip (shadowcatcher@home.com)
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 11:10:24 EDT

>From what I have heard,(reported in Car and Driver and Automobile
magizines) the Daimler component of DC is extremely interested in
competing in NASCAR. The Intrepid would be the sacrificial goat, so to
speak, to set up a couple of teams, and get them up to speed. Somewhat
like Sauber did for MB in sports car racing in the late '80s. The
Charger, if it does actually reach production, would be the serious
contender. Don't expect Ray Everingham to be the crew chief, his
settlement with Hendriks prevents him from taking that job through 2006,
when his original contract would have run out...but there is nothing to
prevent him from being a team OWNER!!
Skip

--
Shadowcatcher Imagery