Re: Got my new Hypertech PTM today, IT WORKS!

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 22:07:53 EDT

>From past experience with the Mopar computer, it feels like the Hypertech
PTM gives you more timing increase than the Mopar. The Hypertech PTM
requires 93 oct. and the Mopar requires 91 octane minimum. My 94 Dak with
the Mopar computer would knock at around 89 octane, the 99 with the
Hypertech PTM will knock below 92 octane. That tells me that the Hypertech
gives you more timing advance than the Mopar. If I remember right, when I
installed the Mopar computer, I did not feel a very big increase in power.
With the PTM, I felt an immediate increase in power.

Mark Kuzia