Got my new Hypertech PTM today, IT WORKS!

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 23:37:13 EDT

I left work at lunch today to go pick up my new Hypertech PTM from
Ramchargers. I installed it in their parking lot in less than 5 minutes.
Then the horror hit me, the Hypertech REQIRES 93 octane gas minimum, I only
had 87 octane in the tank. What was worse was that I had a full tank of gas
so I couldn't just add some 94 octane. So I went back in and bought a can of
octane boost.

I pulled out onto the road and ended up going sideways in a cloud of tire
smoke! No traction at all! Was I dreaming? Does this thing really work? IT
SURE DOES!! WOW!

Oh yeah, my 1/2 hour lunch became a 1-1/2 hour lunch break. Good thing the
boss was gone and he never noticed. Fridays are cool!

The PTM adds a ton of timing advance, as a matter of fact, I am still
getting some knocking. I had 87 octane and added about 4 points with the
booster so I figure I'm only at about 91 to 92 octane. Tomorrow I plan on
getting another can of octane booster and some 94 octane gas.

The PTM gave me a ton of new torque below 3000 rpm and a stronger pull above
that. I can now roast the tires (295/50r15's with a sure-grip) at a roll in
1st or second gear. I am also getting a lot more tire spin when I shift 1st,
2nd, 3rd, and even a real healthy chirp shifting into 4th. I plan to get
some hard numbers when I go to Milan Dragway this Wednesday. I spent about 3
hours driving around tonight tearing the hides off, and I plan to do more
tomorrow.

My advice, buy one! They have these for 1997 to 2000 5.2L and 5.9L Dakotas
and rams. The dyno chart that Hypertech prints on the box shows a 30 ft lb.
gain at 2700 rpms and a 20 hp gain around 4000 rpms. My opinion is that they
are not lying, don't waste your money on the JET, buy one of these!

Mark Kuzia
http://home.att.net/~flyboy01