Re: What should I expect in the 1/4 mile?

From: dakrtrr (dakrtrr@tir.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 10:23:27 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Kuzia <flyboy01@worldnet.att.net>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Sunday, October 03, 1999 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: DML: What should I expect in the 1/4 mile?

>Not too hard, Rick Adams' 1998 Blue Dakota R/T 5.9L ran a best ET of 14.74
>at our Milan meet last June in VERY hot and humid conditions.
>
>Mark Kuzia

 At Norwalk, I did a 15.1 in street trim ( a lot of wheel spin ) ; then a
14.70 , 14.72 , and a 14.71 . As far as the 87 octane goes, Don't do it! I
was on my 3rd run before I figured out that the rattling sound I was getting
around 5000RPM was the damn thing pinging! At least Norwalk has a small
speed shop right at the track, I bought a very expensive bottle of octane
booster and no more pinging! Maybe it was a bad tank of gas, I've never had
a problem before, but on future race days I don't think I'll take the
chance.
 When are you going? I'll do my best to meet up with you all.

Rick