New Member

From: John Zaniewski (zaniewski@wvucemr1.cemr.wvu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 23:55:13 EDT

Just joined the mail list tonight.
I've owned a 91 Dakota, club cab, 318, etc. since new. It's pure
stock. Overall I'm very pleased with the truck, although the kids
promise to never out grow the rear seats has been broken.
I joined the group to see if I could get answers to a couple of
questions.
First, the maintenance required light has come on. I live in a small
town and my mechanic told me the only option for turning off the
light was the Dodge dealer. When I called them, they want to do pm
work that I already paid my mechanic to do. I decided to live with
the problem, for several months now, while I looked for options.
What is the story? Is there a DIY option for turning off the light or is
the magic dealer computer needed?
Second, I bought the truck in Arizona where snow was not a
concern. Since moving to West Virginia, I've been thinking that a
limited slip differential would be a nice thing in the snow. Is this
correct thinking and if so, what is the best option for the upgrade. I
have ABS on the rear wheels.
Thanks
John Z

John Zaniewski
Asphalt Technology Professor &
Director, Staggers National Transportation Center
PO Box 6103
West Virginia University
Morgantown WV 26506
Voice (304) 293 3031 x 2648