Re: the fall(?) of the mighty premag

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 06:01:07 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/99 3:07:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, msykes@su.edu
writes:

<<
 I'm thinkin' it's time for Piston rings.. ie, rebuild. Does anyone know
about how much a rebuild may cost?

  I do have a master plan tho...

 If I can get a rebuild for cheap, I may put a set of Magnum heads on it, and
a V8 TB. Along with the headers and all the stuff I have now, I'll be a V8
terrorizing 6er =) hehehehe (evil grin)....
 hhhmmmmm..

 anyway, rebuild... how much? anyone??

A rebuild, total engine will cost around $800-$900 an d thats cheap, most
places wont even mess with it. You would be better off finding a magnum
engine out of a junked (wrecked) truck, say 92-93, getting the computer and
wiring harness. Throwing it in (labor) and the engine will run about the
same amount of money. Then you have a better engine and something you can
get goodies for.
Do you have O/D? Either way, the Magnum 6er should bolt up to your older
tranny.
You might want to confirm it though before you get an engine.
Dude, go magnum...you wont regret it.
Boog