Re: the fall(?) of the mighty premag

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 15:45:48 EDT

>>>A rebuild, total engine will cost around $800-$900 an d thats cheap, most
places wont even mess with it. You would be better off finding a magnum
engine out .........<snip>.....have a better engine and something you can
get goodies for.
Do you have O/D? Either way, the Magnum 6er should bolt up to your older
tranny. Dude, go magnum...you wont regret it. <<<

oh no!!!!!!! NONONONO!!!

I will not go magnum, and here's why
1.) wiring... don't wanna' mess with it
2.) it will be much cheaper to get a premag rebuilt if I go with a remanned block and transfer my stuff to it.
3.) the only thing that's available for the magnum that isn't available for my premag is the mopar computer. There are no headers available for the mag6 however. Think I'll stick with my premag. If I go magnum, then I'll need to get a manifold.
4.)too much hassle to switch. Wiring on top of a new computer on top of having to buy a complete engine as opposed to a remanned block or just having someone do mine.

go magnum... hmmph!!!

I got yer magnum pal!! =)

-mike d. (premag for life!!)