RE: Recurring problem

From: Jon Winkelhake (jon_w@tjhale.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 11:43:13 EDT

Tony - First of all, what year is your Dak? Second of all, if it's the SAME
problem/item that you have to keep getting fixed, your truck (depending on
how new it is)should be eligble for the lemon law! The lemon law states that
THREE unsuccessfull attempts at the same repair qualifies you for a full
replacement of the vehicle. I'm surprised the service manager failed to say
anything about this. I'd take the truck back to the dealer and ask to speak
directly to the store manager, or call Chrysler directly (I don't have the
number, but I'm sure someone out there does!) But make sure it is the EXACT
same thing that they can't fix; that's the only loophole in the lemon law
that I'm aware of (other factors might include the age of the vehicle, # of
miles, is it still under warranty, etc.) Good luck!

Jon W. '94 CC SLT V6 5sp.

(P.S. I only know about this not because of my Dak, but because of our other
car, a '96 Stratus.....yuck!)