Re: How to change cap and rotor???

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 16:13:58 EDT

At 01:00 PM 10/10/99 EDT, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>Anyways, I guess all I'm saying is please give me some simple, easy to
>understand directions on how to change my cap and rotor to a new Borg/Warner
>Brass set. I would like to do this before my run's next weekend at Milan.
> <SNIP>

If you have a FSM for your truck, there are some numbered schematics of the
cap
and plugs in the head so that the plug wires go to the correct cap connector.

Personally, because of the posts which say that the plug wires should go
a certain way to minimize denotation, I would take the time and make
of a drawing of how the wires go from the plugs and attach at the cap.
Keep for future reference.

Once the plug wires are removed, there should be 2 screws at the base of
and opposite sides of the cap (at least on the '97). Remove screws with
philips, lift cap off, note how the rotor sits, remove rotor, put in new
rotor, put dielectric grease on the inside contacts of the cap, replace
cap (watch that the wired pickup is inside the distributor), replace screws,
put dielectic grease on the plug wires at the cap and plug wires into the
cap. (Use your drawing for re-hooking up the wires correctly).

Hope this helps.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.234 @ 87.26