RE: My TSB ignorance.

From: Bryan West (BryanW@huscointl.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 13:51:37 EDT

TSB's are not generally intended to become recalls. They are simply
problems that have turned up in further testing at DC and repetitive
problems on vehicles on the road. If a TSB becoems a recall then not
only is the general public notified via internet and MSDS, mailings are
sent to known vehicle owners. This does not mean the repair isn't free
though. For any TSB out on a vehicle all you have to do is take that
vehicle into the dealer, and unless they are complete rip-off artists
the repair is covered under the TSB. Catch, the dealership must diagnos
that the TSB repair is needed. They are usually unwilling to perform
one if a customer simply wanders in and says my vehicle needs such and
such TSB performed. So, any TSB that needs performed on these trucks
simply pay attention to the common symptom part of the TSB go to the
dealership with that complaint and mention you saw a TSB that might be a
possible repair. If that doesn't work find a dealership that isn't full
of Assholes. I konw a good one if you are anywhere close to Missouri.

-Bryan West
'99 CC 4x4 sport wht 5.2L 5-spd
open element air filter
removed muffler

> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 00:00:22 EDT
> From: Dester223@aol.com
> Subject: DML: My TSB ignorance.
>

>> YET.. they don't have the dignity to fix it? I know the
double