HP loss through drivetrain.

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 00:08:15 EDT

  Two questions. First, what horsepower percentage do we lose through our
drivetrains? Its a 96 5.2, 5 speed truck. Second, how much does a 96 Dakota
2WD, regular cab weigh? Has anyone weighed theirs? I need to know. As most
of you know, my truck is waiting for a motor. It ships tomorrow. It was
dynoed at 351hp, 369 ft/lbs torque. Thats with the alternator and water pump
being driven. With a farely accurate weight, I can predict my 1/4 mile ET's.
 We are estimating 12.90's. Oh, all motor, no bottle, no blower. Yet.

Brad