Re: -- lowering help --

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 19:43:29 EDT

you put the shim between the axle and the leaf or between the axle and the
block. in my case I needed to put a bolt into the block to extend the stud
that keeps it all lined up. I just found bolts that had the same size head
as the stud and I drilled and tapped a hole in the middle of the stud.
I'm sure someone is going to dispute it's strength or stability so I'll
cover it now. They have been on for about a year now going to the drag strip
about every other week with slicks pulling 1.7 60' times with no breakage of
any of the involved components. It is very important that you torque the
shit out of the U bolts I use 240 ft/lbs. This also got rid of the sway
people associate with blocks.
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1