Re: Re: hayden electric fan

From: Martin Noel (gros_pif@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 16 1999 - 21:33:14 EDT

--- Jon Smith <fast4x4@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Martin, you need the "sensor" it's a
> thermostatically controlled switch to
> turn the fan on at a certain coolant temp. 1/4mi
> should pick up about .15
> or so.. mileage will go up. (I picked up .2 and
> 4mpg w/ the fan and ASP
> underdrive crank pulley).
>
> P.S. dump the bosch platinums for a set of copper
> autolites and get
> yourself about 5hp.
> Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
> '95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
> dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
> MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
> ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
> BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.5@87.5
> 207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

but what is that sensor?
is it the coolant temperature sensor that i already
have or its another sensor that i have to buy extra?

another question Jon, what is the part that improve
the most on your truck, because i see the numbers you
have 6.3 and 15.5 , i'm very impressed with those
numbers. must have cost you a fortune to arrive to
that point!!!

thank a lot

Martin noel
97 black cc 4x4