Re: Joe's TC Was: Re: yesterday @ Cecil/ Next Cecil DML outing.. Nov. 6 ??

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Oct 17 1999 - 19:32:10 EDT

At 04:47 PM 10/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have just installed a Magnum performace 3000 TC in my RT and it has really
>changes the way this thing runs. I will break them completely loose when
>hitting first gear and it really gets up and goes over 3000. The problem is
>that normal driving will be affected. If I had it to do over again I would
>go with a 2400 or a 2600. The 3000 is a little to high for street I am
>afraid. Dan

Thanks, Dan.

I'm not all that familiar with TCs, especially how they'll affect normal
driving characteristics. From what I understand, you can hold the brakes
until 3000 rpm with a 3000 TC and launch up in the power band. I have
also interpreted that the higher the stall the lesser the low end torque.
Am I correct here? What I really trying to get a handle on is how are
things affected from off idle under fairly normal street driving.

BTW, is you Magnum performance 3000 TC a lockup or non-lockup TC?
Thanks again.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 15.234 Trap speed: 89.81 mph