Gas Mileage Question?

From: Masso, Randy (RMasso@ncte.org)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 14:18:32 EDT

I have 97 CC Sport 318 Auto with 3.55SG rear end.

I pulled my Jeep from central Illinois to eastern Kentucky a couple of
months ago and got around 14MPG. I have towed it twice in the last month and
have gotten 9.2MPG and 10.0MPG on those trips. What the heck could have
happened. I got better mileage going through the mountains in Kentucky than
on the flat lands of Illinois?

My normal commuting mileage is down a bit as well. Before the Kentucky trip
I did the following:

New BW Cap and Rotor
New Champion Truck Plugs
Jacobs Omni Ignition
Gibson Cat-back
Taylor 8mm Wires
K&N Cone Air Intake

I reset the computer and could REALLY feel the difference. I was very
pleased. Now I am wondering what has happened.

Any ideas??

Randy