Re: Gas Mileage Question?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 16:03:29 EDT

At 01:18 PM 10/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have 97 CC Sport 318 Auto with 3.55SG rear end. <S N I P>
>What the heck could have happened. I got better mileage going
>through the mountains in Kentucky than on the flat lands of
>Illinois? My normal commuting mileage is down a bit as well.
>Before the Kentucky trip I did the following:
>New BW Cap and Rotor
>New Champion Truck Plugs
>Jacobs Omni Ignition
>Gibson Cat-back
>Taylor 8mm Wires
>K&N Cone Air Intake
> <S N I P> Any ideas?? Randy

My guess is that the throttle body has a fair amount of carbon
buildup on it and needs cleaning. Use carb cleaner or brake fluid
cleaner or gasoline to clean the carbon off, especially on the
underside and below the throttle plates...removal of the throttle
body would make the cleaning much easier and better.

Hope this helps.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 15.234 Trap speed: 89.81 mph