Re: Ar-767's

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 06:46:06 EDT

At 10:45 PM 10/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I just got my AR-767's. (Black stock car wheels) < S N I P >
>The tires are coming in tomorrow. Bridgestone Dueler H/L
>P235/70R15's. < S N I P >
> 2 issues I am trying to address:
>1) Want a tire that I can put on to take long road trips, so I dont
>rack up 1,000 miles on 17" Goodyears that cost $150 each < S N I P >
>2) Want a tire that I can put on for wet weather/snow/slush and winter
>driving, to get maximum traction. < S N I P >
> Any comments? Patrick

I would have selected 235/75R15 tires to address both your issues.
The larger circumference tire would, over time, offer better economy
on long trips (truck will travel further linearly with one revolution
of the rear tire than a smaller circumference tire). The slightly narrower
tread width of the 235s will not affect the truck's handling appreciably.
Plus, your driving habits should change with inclimate weather.

For winter-like conditions, I'm in the camp that believes a taller, narrower
tire offers better traction because truck's rear weight is more concentrated
on a narrower patch. Also, the taller tire will, to a small degree, help
lessen the torqueyness of the 360. The steel rims will also help in this
respect. IMO.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 15.234 Trap speed: 89.81 mph