Re: spring clamps anyone?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 01:38:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/99 11:31:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
fast4x4@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Kyle, the spring clamp clamps the individual leafs together on your
springs.
 Thus making the spring stiffer, therefore harder for axle wrap to occur.
 I'm new to this setup as well, but a fellow DML'er (who sent me the diagrams
 and pics) has successfully used these w/o any probs. Maybe he can step in
 and add some enlightenment..... >>

Just curious, but I have seen Square "U Bolts" at local hardware stores. If
you could find these which would be wide enough for the leaf springs,
couldn't these be used? They sell them in complete kits, cheap too. Maybe
this would even be a cheaper route, and you could save time not having to
fabricate your own. Just an idea if I am getting this spring clamp thing down
right.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6