RE: Quick Questions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 08:40:16 EDT

Here goes:

1) The 10" Round filters work...but there's been a discussion on the DML for
a long time on which one is better - Tube Intake or Round Filter. So
far...from the signatures...the Quick-D Intake seems to be the choice (for
the V6's). http://www.quickd.com

2) Can't help you on this one...I don't have a Tonneau cover.

3) Check the battery...it may be going out. (This is common on the OEM
batteries.) Also check the distributor cap/rotor and plugs for wear.

4) If what you mean is stepping on the brakes and the whole truck
vibrates...sounds like the brake rotors are warped. Have the dealer check
this out.

5) "Street Legal" is normally determined by height, lighting, and other
extra accessories (or lack thereof) - ex: No Front Plate, Bald Tires, Clear
Lenses (in some states), ride height either too low or too high, etc.
"Emissions Legal" is a whole different story. Most of the parts now come
with CARB EO#'s which keep it legal (and also keeps the smog-nazi's happy).

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm